The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
closing date: 23 June 2017
Brook is the UK’s leading provider of young people’s sexual health and wellbeing services. Our services in England, Northern Ireland and Jersey provide free and confidential information, counselling and support to help young people make positive, healthy lifestyle choices to improve their wellbeing.
Our education work supports young people’s emotional development and teaches core life skills and our training for professionals improves their experience of health and education.
Brook is a national charity however all board meetings are held in London.
About this position
As treasurer you will be responsible for overseeing Brook’s financial performance. You will report on financial matters to the Board of Trustees ensuring they are aware of any key risks or implications that may affect the achievement of the business or strategic plan. You will also regularly liaise with the Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Services to ensure all legal and governance requirements are met and best practice is followed.
Essential to this role is demonstrable experience of budgets, management accounts and financial proposals. You will be an accountant or senior financial professional with experience of working at a senior level on a committee or board.
This is a voluntary role although travel expenses may be claimed.
If you would like an informal conversation with Brook’s Chief Executive, Helen Marshall before applying for this role please contact Betsey Benson on Betsey.email@example.com
You will have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and be able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders acting as an ambassador for Brook. You will also have a strong track record of effective contributions to a board.
You will be determined to achieve Brook’s mission and strategic plan and be committed to the statement of good governance. You will be willing to take accountability for your own actions and be committed to confidentiality. Trustees must also be willing to travel and attend London board meetings.
In return for your expertise, we can offer the opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives, a passionate and skilled board of trustees within a charity that has a proud history and an exciting future.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a personal statement no longer than two pages by 23 June 2017. It should outline why you are a suitable candidate and your reasons for applying.
Interviews for this role will take place in London on 28 June 2017.
For more information please contact Betsey Benson
T: 0203 7510347
or see the Treasurer Role Profile
Brook's website: Brook
Closing date: 23 June 2017
The Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC) is a registered charity established in 1994 by a small team of passionate, dedicated clinicians and researcher to address the lack of high quality information available to those working in critical care.
It does this in two ways:
- 3 National Audits of patient outcomes in Adult Critical Care Units in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, these audits provide an assessment of the quality of care received, allowing comparisons between hospitals in order to improve care.
- Research – Randomised clinical trials, Methodological studies, Systematic reviews and Qualitative studies. Our research informs policy and practice locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the charity.
It is expected that trustees will make time to support the executive team with advice and guidance in areas of expertise and participate on board sub-groups where appropriate.
Board meetings are held four times a year in London during normal office hours. There is also a strategic planning day which will require attendance for a full day.
For more information about the role contact:
Bob Nichols (Chair)
To apply contact:
Managing Director (ICNARC)
ICNARC's website: ICNARC
The Jabulani Project
Added: 25 May 2017
South Africa is full of individuals and communities who wish to make a better life for themselves and their societies. The Jabulani Project empowers them to do just that.
Are you passionate about relieving poverty and empowering the South African communities? Do you have a strong financial background and interest in helping others? We are looking for an enthusiastic, financially literate team-player to join our Board of Trustees and help us continue to be there for the South African communities.
What you will be doing
- Playing a vital role in the leadership of Jabulani, particularly in helping the Board decide the financial strategy of our Charity
- Liaising with the CEO and Board Members with regard to financial issues, advising and guiding them around the financial best interests of the Charity
- Running the day-to-day financial operations of Jabulani including banking, liaising with donors, collecting Gift Aid forms and supporting fundraisers
- Providing yearly financial reporting in form of the Annual Return
- Most importantly of all, helping us to relieve poverty, develop communities and advance education in South Africa
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about numbers, a clear communicator and committed to the values of Jabulani. You will have a proven ability to interpret key financial and management information in straightforward terms to your fellow trustees. Financial experience and accounting education would be an advantage. Availability for a 3 hours monthly evening meeting in Edinburgh and about 3 hours per month of additional work (accounts, transfers).
What we are offering
Being a Treasurer of Jabulani is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference for some of the poorest of South Africa’s children. We would welcome you to our passionate team of volunteers striving together to empower individuals and communities in Durban, Umlazi and Illovo. It is also an opportunity to gain meaningful financial experience in running a registered Scottish charity with a turnover of just under a £100,000. We are offering full guidance and induction process for the new Treasurer.
Please note: This is an unpaid role, although expenses will be reimbursed.
See our advert for more information.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short personal statement. Your personal statement should include why you’d like to be Treasurer of Jabulani and what you feel you could contribute to the organisation to Jakub Zowczak:
The Jabulani Project's website: The Jabulani Project
The Art Ministry
Added: 23 May 2017
The Art Ministry, based in Hadleigh, provides weekly arts and crafts sessions to 60 less able children and adults from south east Essex. They provide a caring environment where people can explore their creativity while expanding their social interaction, increasing their self confidence and boosting their self esteem.
The charity has been established for 25 years, is well respected in the local community and is financially sound. Its annual income averages £20,000, half of which is paid to 5 part time session leaders.
The Art Ministry requires someone to act as its Trustee Treasurer, or perhaps just as Treasurer if that suits.
Main Duties of the Trustee Treasurer
In addition to the usual duties of a Trustee, the duties include:
- keeping a general overview of financial matters
- managing the income from fundraising, grants and donations
- paying salaries, bills and expenses
- managing the bank accounts
- budgeting and financial planning
- reporting to the Trustees, funders, HMRC, and Charity Commission as appropriate
- liaising with the bookkeeper
- ensuring accounts have the appropriate level of verification by third parties
Skills/Experience desirable of the Trustee Treasurer
In addition to the skills/experience desirable of a Trustee:
- a numerate person
- capable of working with spreadsheets
- good at writing reports
- confident using the internet
Please see the Trustee/Treasurer Role Description for more information or contact:
M: 07582 025163
The Art Ministry's website: The Art Ministry
Added: 16 May 2017
YHLCOSA is a young Charity, and Company Limited by Guarantee, whose purpose is to prevent further offending by people who have committed sexual offences, and by anyone who may cause sexual harm. Our goal is that there should be no more victims. We recruit and train volunteers to provide a circle around the person who could offend, supporting them and holding them to account for their conduct. We also provide information and training in the community. We have grown rapidly in the past 5 years, and have a complicated funding structure. We have relied on major grants, and need to continue to diversify our funding sources. We are based in York.
We are seeking a Treasurer and our expectation for the role is:
- Liaise with the CEO and Financial Accountant with regard to financial issues, advising and guiding them around our duties and the financial best interests of the Charity
- Review and approve the annual Trust accounts
- Present financial issues to the Trustees as and when required, with a financial update at each Board Meeting
- Work with other Trustees to ensure that the Charity complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Work with other Trustees to ensure the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Safeguard the good name and values of the Charity
- Support the effective and efficient administration of the Charity
Please contact Chris Holman, Chair of Trustees, for more information or to apply
YHLCOSA's website: YHLCOSA