The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
Added: 2 October 2017
Autistica is the UK’s national autism research charity. We work to ensure every autistic person has the chance of a long, happy, healthy life.
Our mission is:
- To improve outcomes for autistic people of all ages through world-class research
- To grow autism research in the UK through innovative collaborations with other funders, campaigning for increased state investment and developing capacity and infrastructure within the research community
- To be the bridge between researchers, policymakers and people affected by autism, ensuring that services are evidence-based and research responds to the autism community’s needs and desires
Autistica is looking to appoint a new Honorary Treasurer, following the retirement of the current post holder in June 2018. This is a key position on the Trustee Board and the candidate will be joining the charity at a crucial stage in its development.
The Treasurer would be expected to develop a close relationship with the CEO as well as with the Board. The Treasurer will oversee financial matters for the charity and provide constructive advice to the CEO at both a strategic and operational level. They will also report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the overall financial health of the organisation.
Specifically the Treasurer’s duties are:
- To oversee and present budgets, financial statements and management accounts to the Board after discussion with the CEO.
- To be instrumental in the development of financial, reserve and investment policies.
- To liaise with the CEO and Finance Manager who are responsible for the financial management of the charity.
- Liaising with the charity’s auditors to ensure the annual accounts are completed in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on payments over a certain value.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
Expressions of interest should be made in the first instance to the CEO, Jon Spiers at email@example.com
A cover letter outlining the applicant’s interest in the position should be provided together with a CV detailing career experience together with relevant experience in the statutory or voluntary sector. Candidates must be certified accountants.
Interviews will involve meeting the CEO for an initial discussion followed by a meeting with the members of the Nominations Committee. Biographies of members of the Trustee Board are available on the website.
Autistica's website: Autistica
Added: 29 September 2017
We provide a platform both online and offline for those who struggle with mental health, addiction, gender dysphoria, sexuality or who feel like they don't quite 'fit',or feel estranged to this world : to express themselves through art.
As we are going to be doing a huge burst of Fundraising so that we can offer services that the Government have cut back on re' Mental Health services and the Arts so we are looking for a Treasurer with relevant skills to support us.
Our ideal applicant will:
- have a passion for the arts and compassion for mental health.
- be capable of handling figures and cash;
- have an orderly mind and methodical way of thinking;
- have experience in dealing with large sums of money and budgets;
- have experience of financial control and budgeting;
- have an eye for detail;
- be available to be contacted for ad hoc advice (flexi-time);
- some experience in this area;
- good communication and interpersonal skills;
- have the ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- have dedication, commitment, imagination, own initiative, reliable, organised , at ease dealing with people.
Fledgling is currently run by Volunteers online , so this would be an online post.
A good future reference will be given to any volunteer that shows enthusiasm, commitment, reliability and general rapport.
Does this appeal to you? Can you help us spread our wings further and soar some more? :)
We are very accepting of all people , if you are happy to do something for love rather than money, then Fledgling is a great place to be!
Further information can be obtained from:
Mr Dale Sencier, Fledglingdalepa@hotmail.com
Fledgling's website: Fledgling
Kanaama Interactive Community Support
Closing date: 3 November 2017
Kanaama Interactive Community Support (KICS UK) is a UK registered charity (no. 1132288) which aims to improve lives in Kashare Sub-county (population 23,000) in SW Uganda.
Our vision is to meet the pressing needs of local communities by empowering and educating individuals and groups to create sustainable development.
Our primary beneficiaries are poor women struggling to provide for their families, and orphaned and vulnerable children. We run a microcredit scheme, an adult literacy programme, a welfare and education project and are developing two environmental initiatives. We also support the development of our local partner organisation.
We currently meet in North London although volunteers and trustees come from all over.
The treasurer will guide KICS’ financial strategy and provide financial oversight. They will work closely with the book keeper and director who are unpaid and also trustees. In 2015-16 our income was £16,902.
The Treasurer will:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and related examination process.
- Advise the Trustees on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans.
- Take the lead in preparing the charity’s annual budget.
Specifically, the ideal candidate for Treasurer will have:
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
As well as general trustee qualities:
- a commitment to the organisation and its objectives
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a trustee
- strategic vision
- good, independent judgment
- an ability to think creatively
- a willingness to speak their mind
- an ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- an interest in development and Africa/Uganda
This role will require one day’s work per month in addition to 6 board meetings per year (currently held in London on Saturdays for 3-4 hours) and participation in any ad hoc or working groups of interest. Trustees occasionally visit Uganda. This is, of course, optional and must be self-funded.
A full role description and further information can be obtained from our Chair, Melissa Barrett by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
KICS UK's website: KICS UK
Closing date: 9 October 2017 (may be extended)
Frozen Light creates exciting and original multi-sensory theatre for audiences with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD). The company tours to theatres and arts centres throughout the UK and is project funded by Arts Council England, charitable donations and grants from trusts and foundations.
Frozen Light has a passion for: stories and adventures; engaging interactive theatre; devised theatre with original and electrifying soundtracks; theatre that is fun and mischievous; theatre that questions; theatre that is bold; theatre that encompasses all senses.
Frozen Light was grown out of a desire to make theatre for audiences that don’t usually access theatre in mainstream arts venues.
Trustee of Frozen Light - Treasurer
Frozen Light is entering an exciting new phase as it embarks on its fourth major UK touring production and its fifth year of operation. The company is recruiting a new Board of 5 trustees including a Treasurer, and a trustee with legal skills to enable it to meet exponentially increasing demand. Currently funded on a project basis with a core permanent team of 2 co-artistic directors, Frozen Light aims to develop into a core-funded organisation capable of sustaining increased production and contributing to the further promotion and development of fully accessible bespoke theatre for audiences with PMLD.
The Treasurer role is key to developing robust and resilient financial management systems as well as maximising funding opportunities allied to a strategic business plan to support the next phase of development.
Please find details of the role and skills required on our Role Description and Person Specification.
For enquiries about the role please contact:
M: 07900 240654
For full details of the role, the company and how to apply please go to:
Or email the application form and your cv to email@example.com
Frozen Light's website: Frozen Light