The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
Margaret Pyke Trust
(with the Population & Sustainability Network)
Closing date: 31 December 2017
The Trust is globally unique: we coordinate the Population & Sustainability Network (an international alliance of organisations promoting the importance of reproductive health in the context of a world with a growing population); and design and implement cross-sectoral development projects. By focussing on the importance of family planning, the impacts of population dynamics including population growth, and the health and non-health benefits of contraception, the Trust is the only organisation in the world to be both a member of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, which also has nearly 50 years’ expertise in reproductive health. In the age of the integrated Sustainable Development Goals, the Trust has a truly integrated outlook. Our vision is a world where everyone can choose freely whether and when to have children, and how many: for the benefit of all people and the planet.
The Trust’s Board is currently composed of 11 Trustees with a range of backgrounds and bringing together various areas of expertise including management, public service, environmental conservation and academia. All Trustees are also Directors of the Board and members of the incorporated charitable company. They promote the Trust’s mission and values, provide high quality governance in accordance with requirements of charity law and good practice, guide its strategic development and support its work by drawing on their personal contacts and experience.
About this appointment
We are now seeking an individual who:
- supports our vision, mission and activities; and
- is passionate about the protection and enhancement of reproductive health and rights in the context of a world with a growing population.
We are particularly interested in applicants who would be able to:
- act as Treasurer Trustee; and/or
- have a strong network of contacts, significant commercial and fundraising experience or connections to help staff drive forward the Trust’s income generation activities.
The newly appointed Trustee will be expected to attend three half-day Board meetings each year (around nine hours per annum) as well as be involved in any strategic decision making processes which arise from time to time. The Trustee would be requested to attend other events of the Trust or relevant to the Trust from time to time. Additionally, the newly appointed Trustee will be expected to:
- support the Board of Trustees and staff of the Trust to further strengthen financial management by acting as Treasurer Trustee, including providing leadership in relation to the Trustees’ input the Trustees’ Annual Report and Financial Statements; and/or
- use the Trustee’s networks and experience to support the Trust drive income generating activities, with a particular emphasis on unrestricted funding.
For enquiries about the role or to apply please contact:
David Johnson, Chief Executive: email@example.com
Please note the closing date for applications is 31 December 2017
Margaret Pyke Trust 's website: Margaret Pyke Trust
Population & Sustainability Network's website: Population & Sustainability Network
Added: 3 October 2017
Practical Woman aims to equip, empower and enable women through a series of DIY and practical workshops. These workshops will involve plumbing sessions, home improvement sessions, fire safety, first aid and time to discuss common issues such as harassment and consent and employment related topics such as asking for a raise and CV / interview tips. It will be a pay it forward scheme with the women who pay enabling places for more vulnerable women to attend for free.
Are you passionate about women’s rights and want to get involved in something pioneering and exciting? This is the role for you. We are looking for a person with financial experience to join our team of directors at Practical Woman. For more information about our project please look at our website: http://www.practicalwoman.co.uk/ . We are in the process of becoming a CIC and would love to have you join our team.
You will be joining 2 other directors (secretary and operations manager) on the board. We are a very new team and Practical Woman only began this year.
The aim of the role is to offer support, ideas and be a critical friend to the operations manager. We are a dynamic, innovative and passionate group of women and look forward to having you in the team. Our project Practical Woman means a great deal to us and we welcome someone who would also feel able to contribute ideas around current service plans and future scope.
In summary, we see the role being responsible for:
- General financial oversight
- Funding, fundraising and sales
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Banking, book keeping and record keeping
- Control of fixed assets and stock
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Kara Bird 07752 110325 firstname.lastname@example.org
Practical Woman's website: Practical Woman
Added: 2 October 2017
Autistica is the UK’s national autism research charity. We work to ensure every autistic person has the chance of a long, happy, healthy life.
Our mission is:
- To improve outcomes for autistic people of all ages through world-class research
- To grow autism research in the UK through innovative collaborations with other funders, campaigning for increased state investment and developing capacity and infrastructure within the research community
- To be the bridge between researchers, policymakers and people affected by autism, ensuring that services are evidence-based and research responds to the autism community’s needs and desires
Autistica is looking to appoint a new Honorary Treasurer, following the retirement of the current post holder in June 2018. This is a key position on the Trustee Board and the candidate will be joining the charity at a crucial stage in its development.
The Treasurer would be expected to develop a close relationship with the CEO as well as with the Board. The Treasurer will oversee financial matters for the charity and provide constructive advice to the CEO at both a strategic and operational level. They will also report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the overall financial health of the organisation.
Specifically the Treasurer’s duties are:
- To oversee and present budgets, financial statements and management accounts to the Board after discussion with the CEO.
- To be instrumental in the development of financial, reserve and investment policies.
- To liaise with the CEO and Finance Manager who are responsible for the financial management of the charity.
- Liaising with the charity’s auditors to ensure the annual accounts are completed in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on payments over a certain value.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
Expressions of interest should be made in the first instance to the CEO, Jon Spiers at email@example.com
A cover letter outlining the applicant’s interest in the position should be provided together with a CV detailing career experience together with relevant experience in the statutory or voluntary sector. Candidates must be certified accountants.
Interviews will involve meeting the CEO for an initial discussion followed by a meeting with the members of the Nominations Committee. Biographies of members of the Trustee Board are available on the website.
Autistica's website: Autistica
Added: 29 September 2017
We provide a platform both online and offline for those who struggle with mental health, addiction, gender dysphoria, sexuality or who feel like they don't quite 'fit',or feel estranged to this world : to express themselves through art.
As we are going to be doing a huge burst of Fundraising so that we can offer services that the Government have cut back on re' Mental Health services and the Arts so we are looking for a Treasurer with relevant skills to support us.
Our ideal applicant will:
- have a passion for the arts and compassion for mental health.
- be capable of handling figures and cash;
- have an orderly mind and methodical way of thinking;
- have experience in dealing with large sums of money and budgets;
- have experience of financial control and budgeting;
- have an eye for detail;
- be available to be contacted for ad hoc advice (flexi-time);
- some experience in this area;
- good communication and interpersonal skills;
- have the ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up
- have dedication, commitment, imagination, own initiative, reliable, organised , at ease dealing with people.
Fledgling is currently run by Volunteers online , so this would be an online post.
A good future reference will be given to any volunteer that shows enthusiasm, commitment, reliability and general rapport.
Does this appeal to you? Can you help us spread our wings further and soar some more? :)
We are very accepting of all people , if you are happy to do something for love rather than money, then Fledgling is a great place to be!
Further information can be obtained from:
Mr Dale Sencier, Fledglingdalepa@hotmail.com
Fledgling's website: Fledgling