The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
Added: 16 May 2017
YHLCOSA is a young Charity, and Company Limited by Guarantee, whose purpose is to prevent further offending by people who have committed sexual offences, and by anyone who may cause sexual harm. Our goal is that there should be no more victims. We recruit and train volunteers to provide a circle around the person who could offend, supporting them and holding them to account for their conduct. We also provide information and training in the community. We have grown rapidly in the past 5 years, and have a complicated funding structure. We have relied on major grants, and need to continue to diversify our funding sources. We are based in York.
We are seeking a Treasurer and our expectation for the role is:
- Liaise with the CEO and Financial Accountant with regard to financial issues, advising and guiding them around our duties and the financial best interests of the Charity
- Review and approve the annual Trust accounts
- Present financial issues to the Trustees as and when required, with a financial update at each Board Meeting
- Work with other Trustees to ensure that the Charity complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Work with other Trustees to ensure the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Safeguard the good name and values of the Charity
- Support the effective and efficient administration of the Charity
Please contact Chris Holman, Chair of Trustees, for more information or to apply
YHLCOSA's website: YHLCOSA
Added: 16 May 2017
Rett UK are the only charity who provides professional support to people living with Rett syndrome across the UK. We support families through a national helpline, including telephone and email support, co-ordinate Rett specialist clinics in conjunction with the NHS, organise support groups and have a dedicated parental contact network. We have a small staff team working on a national level. We receive NO government or lottery funding and rely entirely on donations and grants to fund our work.
Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees is made up of a mixture of family members and also those with no connection to Rett syndrome. The full Board usually meets 4 times per year, in London on a Saturday. Sub-committee meetings take place via Skype, usually on weeknight evenings. These include Management, Finance, Fundraising and Research Committees. All of our Trustees are volunteers although out of pocket expenses are reimbursed in accordance with policy.
General Trustee responsibilities include: ensuring the charity operates within the Law and within its governing documents. To contribute actively to the strategic direction of the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting organisational targets. Safeguarding the good name of the charity and ensuring financial stability. Rett UK is a company limited by guarantee and the Board of Trustees are also Directors of the Company.
Role of Honorary Treasurer
- Maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs
- Work with our Accountant and CEO to prepare budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Write and present the Treasurers Report to Trustees
- Chair the Finance Committee
- Monitor the charity’s Reserves
- Monitor the charity’s financial procedures and controls
- Work with our Accountant and Auditors to facilitate the audit of the charity’s accounts and implementation of any recommendations
- Present the Annual Accounts at the AGM
- Appropriate financial qualification and/or experience (Chartered status and knowledge of company and charity law desirable)
- Commitment to the charity
- Willingness to devote the required time and effort
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal responsibilities of being a charity trustee
- Strategic vision
- Good independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively and the willingness to speak their mind
- Skills to analyse proposals and their financial implications
- Good team player, respectful of others opinions and point of view.
For More Information
Have a look at our website: www.rettuk.org or give Becky a call on 01582 798910 or email email@example.com. Rett UK is a registered charity in England & Wales: 1137820 and a Company Limited by Guarantee: 07339522
Rett UK's website: Rett UK
Added: 4 May 2017
Candlelighters’ main purpose is to provide financial, emotional and practical support to families, in Yorkshire, who are affected by childhood cancer. We support around 150 new families each year and our work continues to ensure that each family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
We support children and their families from diagnosis and throughout their journey, including financial support, practical help on the wards and clinic (LGI), well-needed breaks, and emotional and well-being support for the whole family at our family support centre (The Square) and family support bus. We are based in Leeds.
The Trustee Board is made up of parents, medical staff and business individuals, each one bringing their own unique skills. We are looking for a Treasurer with sound financial experience to (in addition to the statutory duties listed below):
- Liaise with the Charity Director and Financial Accountant with regard to financial issues
- Review and approve the annual Trust accounts
- Chair the Finance Committee which has responsibility for overseeing management and statutory accounts, budgeting and investment performance
- Present financial and investment issues to the Trustees in conjunction with the Trust’s advisers (Auditors and Investment Managers) as and when required
- Liaise with the Trust’s investment managers (currently Brewin Dolphin) and ensure that key issues relating to investment strategy and investment performance are brought to the attention of the Trustees
- Act as a back-up expenditure approver in accordance with the Trust’s Authority levels.
- Statutory Duties of a Trustee:
To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the organisation must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
Please see the Treasurer Role Profile for more information or call Jo Shepheard (Charity Director) or Pauline Jolly (Finance Officer) on 0113 322 9283 during office hours.
Application forms can be found on our website http://www.candlelighters.org.uk/howyoucanhelp/volunteer-for-candlelighters/current-volunteering-opportunities/treasurer-trustee/
Alternatively, if you would like to request an application form, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your completed application to email@example.com
Candlelighters' website: Candlelighters
Nautical Museums Trust Limited
Added: 27 April 2017
This non-profitmaking charitable trust (a limited company), owns and runs the independent, Arts Council accredited, Shipwreck Museum and gift shop, with its important collection of maritime artefacts. It also owns three historic shipwrecks, and organises events including guided tours of the local wreck of the 18th century Dutch East Indiaman, Amsterdam.
The immediate plan and priority is to develop and diversify our income streams and strengthen our capability. Longer term, we have ambitious plans to seek funding to extend the existing museum to create additional space for educational and other visitor facilities as well as for display and conservation.
We are based at The Shipwreck Museum, Rock-a-Nore Road, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 3DW.
The person should be qualified either as an accountant or as a bookkeeper and is needed to oversee, report on and advise the Trustees on the finances that are otherwise in the care of the Business Director.
The Hon. Treasurer is not required to undertake day to day financial management.
Specific tasks include:
- Working with the Business Director to oversee the monthly and year end reporting to the Board.
- Liaising with the auditor on the Annual Reports to the Trustees, the Charity Commission and to Companies House.
- Advising the Board of Trustees on relevant financial matters, such as financial policies and relations with the bank.
- Finalising the annual budget for the forthcoming year.
Our Accountants are Manningtons of Hastings - Alex Thomson of that firm is our Company Secretary.
Please see the Treasurer Role Specification for more information or contact:
Ros Pulfer, NMT trustee, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01424 444769
Shipwreck Museum's website: Shipwreck Museum