The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
Closing Date: 11 March 2019 Based: Kilburn, London
Advice4Renters is a legal advice agency dedicated to supporting private tenants. We are small but we punch well above our weight, being a leading voice for vulnerable tenants locally, London-wide and nationally.
Our mission is to contribute towards the health and wellbeing of people living in the private rented sector. We do this by recognising the human potential of our service users and giving them hope and self-belief, while addressing specific problems through general and specialist advice and support services; education and training in tenancy rights; mentoring and campaigning for effective regulation of the sector.
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the Trust’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Presenting financial reports to the Board, including projected cash-flow
- Keeping the Board aware of its financial responsibilities
- Ensuring that A4R's accounts are prepared in a suitable format
- Ensuring that the accounts and financial systems are audited or independently examined as required by law
- Liaising with the accountant, auditors/independent examiners as necessary
- Ensuring that the organisation has an appropriate reserves policy
- Advising on the financial implications of A4R's strategic plan
- Ensuring that the organisation has an appropriate investment policy
- Monitoring any investment activity and ensuring its consistency with A4R's policies and
- Contributing to A4R’s fundraising strategy
- Ensuring that A4R’s Risk Matrix is regularly reviewed and alerting the Board to High Risks
- Signing official documents such as funding contracts and the statutory accounts
Download the full Role description
Contact Jacky Peacock about the role: Phone 020 3002 2786 or Email email@example.com
Liverpool Hope Students’ Union
Closing Date: 8 March 2019 Based: Liverpool
Liverpool Hope Students’ Union is, quite simply, every student at Hope coming together to make positive change. Elected Officers work toward this by representing our members’ views, needs and concerns to the University and relevant external organisations. We’re offer advice on a variety of things from academic matters to housing, as well as giving students the opportunities to do what they love doing through our clubs, societies and sport teams.
Being a Trustee at this Students’ Union is an incredibly rewarding experience, but also one which comes with significant responsibility. Trustees are expected to be aware of and act in accordance with charity law, and holding office as a trustee makes you personally responsible for ensuring the students’ union’s actions are lawful and not financially reckless.
As a democratic Union, all decisions in regard to Liverpool Hope Students’ Union are made by members at our Forums and AGMs. It is therefore incredibly important that we have trustees who are passionate about student politics and protecting student democracy. Students are at the heart of everything we do and it is vital that we allow them to have a strong effective voice within their Union and organisation.
We are looking for the following competencies:
- Organisational management or experience of governance (e.g. by having been a trustee of another organisation)
- Performance Management
- General business activities and income generation
- Human resources or organisational development
- Higher Education and Students’ Unions in particular
- Strategic planning
- Legal knowledge or company/Charity Law
Download our Application Pack
Contact Ruth Dalton, Liverpool Hope Students’ Union, Hope Park, Liverpool, L16 9JD - 0151 291 3871 or
The Poetry Archive
Closing Date: 4 March 2019 Based: Exeter, Devon
(Trustee meetings take place in London)
The Poetry Archive is an internationally renowned Arts organisation The Poetry Archive produces and preserves recordings of Poets reading their work in their own voice, making them freely available to the public via our website.
Expectation for this role:
The Treasurer is a Trustee with the specific role to assist the Board to carry out their financial responsibilities. Key activities involve working with the organisation's Chair and Director to:
- Present financial reports to the Board and help them understand the charity’s financial position
- Advise the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities with the support of
the Finance Sub-Committee
- Liaise with professional advisors as necessary to support the Board and the Director
- Oversee the preparation and scrutiny of our annual accounts., which undergo an annual Audit
- Represent the Poetry Archive at events as appropriate
Our current Treasurer would be happy to discuss the role informally before application.
Please contact our Director, Tracey Guiry at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you wish to discuss the role or write to Poetry Archive, Exeter Phoenix, Gandy Street, Exeter, EX4 3LS.
Website: The Poetry Archive