The following organisations are seeking an Honorary Treasurer:
Pyramid of Arts
Added: 15 February 2018
Pyramid of Arts’ mission is to produce exciting artwork, created by people marginalised through learning disabilities and impairments, for public exhibition / performance.
We tackle the issues of social isolation, exclusion, and lack of opportunity by providing a stable and productive long term environment in which diverse groups of people who have creative interests can meet.
We employ professional artists for our groups and provide leadership and personal development opportunities for our arts team to ensure the highest standards of artwork. We share our knowledge and expertise with other organisations and individual artists who aspire to work creatively and inclusively.
Where the Charity is based:
Holbeck, Leeds (LS11)
Expectation for the role
Trustees meet quarterly (usually on Monday evenings for two hours) and at the annual AGM. Sub-committees can be formed by the Board as and when the need arises.
We are seeking an Honorary Treasurer who can:
- Monitor the financial administration of the charity
- Support the Board in analysing quarterly management accounts and financial forecasts
- Monitor and advise on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan
For information about the role contact:
Sarah Kennedy - 013 234 6040
Age UK Mid Devon
Added: 9 February 2018
Age UK Mid Devon was founded in 1988. Now 26 years later we provide a range of 13 high quality services for 4000 clients per year and 12,000 contacts. Mid Devon is our area of benefit and our main hub is in Tiverton, the largest of the three market towns. 80% of our services either pick people up or are offered in clients own homes. Mid Devon has a growing population with an increasingly ageing profile. Many older people have low incomes and live in remote areas with poor access to services. We aim to ensure that people have easy access to information, services at the right time & best way.
Where the Charity is based:
Tiverton, Devon, EX16 5HE.
Age UK Mid Devon is seeking a Treasurer to join their board. We are seeking candidates who, in addition to providing their specialist financial skills, will also provide their strategic oversight and help to develop the five year strategic plan of the organisation. This role will have a significant impact on the organisation’s ability to continue its work. Trustees will also get the opportunity to see the work of the organisation first hand, work alongside like minded individuals and will have the chance to be an ambassador for the charity.
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and reports to the Board and CEO regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the board of trustees at regular intervals.
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques and applications to funders and ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organsiation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
For full information about the role, please contact:
TrusteeWorks Team, 020 7582 6543
Please see the attached full Candidate Pack
Reach Volunteering's website: Reach Volunteering
Added: 02 February 2018
The National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People is the UK’s largest and most established voluntary regulator of communication professionals working with D/deafness and deafblindness.
NRCPD is embarking on a period of important and positive organisational change and development as we transition towards becoming a fully independent voluntary regulator. Our registers are growing year on year and we now have more than 1400 Registrants.
This is unique opportunity for an Honorary Treasurer to join us at this exciting time, to help us on our journey to full independence and deliver our strategic plan.
Our purpose is to promote the best possible communication between D/deaf, deafblind people and hearing people. We set high professional standards and register practitioners who meet these standards.
We promote the value of registration to practitioners, service users and public, private and not for profit organisations. Our vision is for every communication professional working D/deaf and deafblind people to be required by law to register with us.
What we are looking for.
Our Trustees are required to have strategic vision, independent judgement, the desire to challenge the status quo and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
As Treasurer you will be committed to the principles of effective governance and financial management in charities. You will have an accountancy or financial qualification, experienc or awareness of charity accounting practice is preferred but not essential.
As Treasurer, your role is to oversee NRCPD's financial matters, ensuring we use our resources effectively to achieve our strategic aims. Your specific duties as Treasurer include:
- Report to the Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation, ensuring good practice and adherence to legal requirements;
- Ensure that effective financial and accounting procedures are in place and appropriate;
- Oversee and present budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports to the Trustees;
- Contribute to strategic development and planning, providing advice and guidance in support of NRCPD's objectives;
- Contribute to discussions on improvement to standards, policies and procedures, and
- Represent NRCPD to key stakeholders when required, and act as an ambassador for NRCPD to promote our profile and status.
What we need from you
You will need to attend four Board meetings and one strategy day each year. Meetings are held in central London. Time commitment is six to eight days per year.
The initial term is three years. Trustees are eligible for re-election for one additional term.
This is a voluntary role however all reasonable expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Service Manager,
c/o Mersey House
Mandale Business Park
NRCPD's website: NCPRD